Pandemic Measures: The Resumption of Full Dental Services
As Singapore shifts towards a new normal, more economic and social activities have been allowed to resume progressively and safely. Like many healthcare organisations, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has permitted the resumption of the full range of services in all dental clinics.
At Nuffield Dental, the safety of all our patients, staff, and their families is our utmost priority. Thus, we have implemented precautionary measures following directives by MOH and Singapore Dental Association (SDA) in all our clinics to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Singapore.
Here are a few measures that we have put in place in all our clinics:
- All visitors to the clinic are required to use SafeEntry digital check-in and check-out. We all have a part to play to collectively prevent new clusters from forming. We seek your assistance to use SafeEntry to record your arrival and departure times to facilitate contact tracing. In addition, you will need to complete a health and travel declaration form.
- We will only see patients by appointments to enforce effective social distancing between treatments. We seek your understanding and cooperation to stick to your scheduled appointments to prevent crowded waiting areas.
- All dentists and clinic staff are equipped with full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when providing care to all patients.
- All patients are limited to one accompanying person when visiting the dental clinic. This is to minimise potential cross infections between patients and visitors.
- We will provide greater care and consideration to all visitors of vulnerable groups. Vulnerable groups include people aged 60 and over, those with underlying health conditions, and pregnant women who should take particular care and minimise contact with others outside of their household.
- We will continue to uphold enhanced infection control practices. As part of our social distancing and deep sanitation measures, we have implemented a mandatory downtime of at least 15 minutes between patients to ensure adequate time for proper disinfection of our surgery room. All patients will be provided with hand sanitiser for hand rubs pre and post-treatment. Masks are to be worn at all times inside the clinic.
- Patients will be provided with a one-minute mouth rinse before starting any dental procedure. All our clinics are using ORASYL Orange Clinical mouthwash, a professional oral health mouth rinse formulated with 1% Povidone-Iodine.
Although the road ahead of us is unpredictable, all of us at Nuffield Dental would like to extend our utmost gratitude to all patients and visitors who have cooperated with us throughout the last few months. It has been heartwarming to witness how we are capable of standing together to care for others.
As we only see patients by appointment, we strongly encourage you to pre-book an appointment via our hotline at 6833 4353 in advance.
Thank you for entrusting your dental health with us. Please stay safe.