All On 4 Recovery And Maintenance
What to expect after All On 4 Dental Implants
Dr. Samintharaj Kumar explains the follow-up on the All On 4 Dental Implant procedure:
Here at Nuffield, our panel of providers usually make a follow-up appointment at the 1-week mark to check if the bridge has been cleaned properly. This is followed by the 2 week mark where the bridge and stitches are removed. At the 8 week mark is where the healing begins and if everything is healthy. Finally at the 6-month mark is where the final bridge is made.
Some of the side effects that patients have experienced after All On 4 procedure are:
- Discomfort or swelling where the implants are located.
- Bleeding at the implant area.
- Difficulty adapting to bridge bulk. This may affect speech for certain individuals temporarily.
- Sore throat.
- Jaw discomfort or a stiff jaw.
These side effects usually last for a week or two, and these side effects can be alleviated with medication issued by your dentist.
Maintenance Of All On 4
Dr.Samintharaj Kumar on the recovery process for All On 4 Dental Implants:
After your surgery, it is strongly advised to take a week off your normal day to day routine to ensure smooth recovery as swelling ensues. Bruising sometimes occur but it disappears after 3-5 weeks. According to most patients, pain is minimal but again this differs as well.
Maintenance of your All On 4 Dental Implants is essential for to ensure longevity. Tips on how to maintain your All On 4 implants are as such:
- Consistently maintain excellent oral hygiene.
- Maintain good gum health.
- Regularly have dental check-ups.
- Do not place excessive biting forces on the implant due to a dysfunctional bite or by grinding their teeth.
- Do not smoke.