I’m Dr Ben Wang
Education & Achievements
Dr Wang graduated in Dentistry from the University of London, where he also attained a degree in Microbiology. He then worked for two years in private dental practice and two years as a Restorative and Oral Surgery Senior House Officer at various Teaching Hospitals in the United Kingdom.
He entered Dental Specialist Training in 2014, working for three years as a Specialist Registrar at the Eastman Dental Institute in London. During his time here, he was involved in the treatment of complex dental restorative cases, patients with advanced gum diseases, and placing dental implants in patients with a lack of soft tissue and bone.
He completed his United Kingdom Specialty Examinations with the Royal College of Surgeons in 2017 and is on the United Kingdom General Dental Council’s Specialist Periodontics Register (UK reg. 212199). He has been working in the private dental sector in Singapore since 2018.
Dr Wang has interests in advanced dental restorative procedures, difficult extractions, gum regeneration, bone augmentation, soft tissue grafting, sinus lifts and the placement of dental implants including same-day implants.
He has worked with various Dental Implant systems including Nobel, Dentium, Osstem, Straumann, Biomet 3i and regularly uses digital photography, intra-oral 3D scanners, dental lasers, micro-surgical techniques, surgical microscopes, CEREC CAD-CAM, cone-beam CT imaging for complex cases and digital treatment planning. Dr Wang is able to carry out dental treatment for nervous patients under oral, inhalation and intravenous sedation.
Fellowships & Speciality Boards
- Singapore Dental Council Registered Dentist (2018)
- United Kingdom General Dental Council Registered Specialist Periodontist (2018)
- United Kingdom General Dental Council Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (2018)
- Membership in Restorative Dentistry- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh, United Kingdom (2018)
- European Federation of Periodontology Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (2017)
- Membership in General Dental Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh, United Kingdom (2013)
- United Kingdom General Dental Council Registered Dentist (2011)
- Associateship of the Royal College of Science (London) (2007)
Dr Wang is a current member of the British and Singapore Society of Periodontology, British and Singapore Dental Association, Singapore College of General Dental Practitioners, International Team for Implantology and is an alumnus of the European Federation of Periodontology.
- Member of the Singapore Society of Periodontology (2018)
- Member of the College of General Dental Practitioners Singapore (2018)
- Alumni of the European Federation of Periodontology (2017)
- Member of the Singapore Dental Association (2017)
- Member of the British Society of Periodontology (2017)
- Member of the International Team for Implantology (2015)
- Member of the British Dental Association (2007)
The latest and best lifestyle articles selected by our editorial team.
All equipment & instruments, including metal cups and drills, are changed after every patient. To do this, we keep a large inventory of...
Just like a natural tooth, an implant is held by your jawbone so your new artificial tooth feels secure and you can enjoy confidence when you...