The dental implants Singapore facility we have is all about making sure you have a wonderful smile. Dental implants are one of the latest innovations and they are continually evolving. However, it’s important to have a strong jaw to anchor these modern marvels.
For some of our patients, that means having jaw implants as a first step. Here’s a few things you’ll need to know if your dentist has recommended this procedure.
- Jaw implants are made of material that is compatible with your body. The titanium used won’t be rejected according to the American Dental Association. In other words, this surgical procedure is safe and reliable.
- Most dentists will tell you there are either cosmetic reasons or health concerns behind having a jaw implant. On the cosmetic side, one of these procedures is done to make sure dental implants have a solid anchor. Quite often this type of work is done before a single tooth is fixed.
- On the health side, having a missing tooth often affects the way you eat and speak.
Dental Implants Singapore and Jaw Implant Surgery Procedure
This surgery is generally performed in two distinct steps. First the dentist will use a local anesthetic on the area and cut through the gums. After a hole is drilled in the jaw bone, an implant is inserted which will strengthen the bone.
The site is then stitched up and after about 10 days the stitches will be removed.
The second part of the procedure comes several months afterwards. If you’ve had upper jaw surgery done, you need to wait five or six months. For the lower jaw the time frame is shorter.
At this point, a temporary crown is placed over the surgery area. This is the last step before the final work can be done for your dental implants.
Not everyone is right for this type of surgery. To be considered an ideal candidate you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Have healthy gums. If you are suffering from gingivitis or periodontitis, it’s a good idea to have that treated before you go ahead with this type of surgery.
- You’ve got to have a good oral hygiene routine. The surgery takes a lot of time and your dentist will want to be sure that you are partnering with them on the procedure. That means they’ll want to be certain you’ll be looking after the surgical site so it stays healthy and clean.
Our dental implants Singapore procedure is thorough.