Your child’s first dental visit
At MALO CLINIC NUFFIELD DENTAL, we recommend children to have their first dental check-up as they approach their first birthday. Our dentists and nurses are specially trained in handling children. Regardless of the child’s age, we work with each child to try to provide a gentle, playful, friendly and stress-free environment. Our aim is to support parents in ensuring a safe and thorough examination of their child.
We fully understand that a child’s first dental visit can be filled with anxiety. Before any procedure commences, our dentists will explain every stage of the treatment to parent and child. As a parent, it is important for you to understand your kid’s oral hygiene. As children are prone to tooth decay, monitoring and guiding your child’s brushing habit is highly encouraged. Your child’s first visit to the dentist will include the opportunity to learn about the common dental problems faced by children. X-rays will be taken, only if strictly necessary. Our X-Ray equipment is green certified land emit low radiation doses.
MALO CLINIC NUFFIELD DENTAL is Baby Bonus Approved Institutions.
At MALO CLINIC NUFFIELD DENTAL Clinic’s Serangoon Gardens Branch, we have a designated play zone for kids.
- Inform the dentist about your child’s medical problems, if any.
- As young children tend to be more cooperative in the morning, try to schedule your child’s visit to the dentist early in the morning.
- Try to guide and monitor your child’s brushing and flossing habits.
- Instead of asking your relatives, try to accompany your child for his or her first visit.
- Before and during the visit to the dentist, try to resist giving instructions to your child as to how to behave with the dentist.
- The day before the visit to the dentist and on the day itself, try not to allow the child to be exposed to stressful events such as watching a horror movie for example.
- Don’t punish your child on the day of the visit to the dentist.
Baby Bonus Approved Institution.