Preparing for Your Dental Visit
Written byDr. Asha K. Karan
- Make an appointment at a time that is convenient for you – when you don’t have to rush from or to a meeting
- Make your dental appointment a priority. It is only natural to set aside time for doing things that are important to you.
- Tell your family and friends that you have a dental appointment and it is important to you – so that you will get their support and understanding. Get them to help you keep the appointment – and ask you how it went.
- If it is the first time you are visiting us, bring along any documents relevant to your medical history e.g. the names of any drugs you may be allergic to; or old X-rays that you may have regarding previous dental treatment.
- Arrive at the clinic early so that you will have time to settle down and get used to the surroundings. Chat with the receptionist if that helps you to relax.
- When you see our dentist,
- Talk about what is bothering you.
- Talk about what you fear
- Ask about what can be done