Transform Your Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry in Singapore
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Not blessed with straight, pearly white teeth? Cosmetic dentistry can give you that healthy, confident smile! This dental specialty provides holistic care to improve the aesthetics of our teeth, from teeth whitening to veneers and clear aligners.
The benefits of cosmetic dentistry
"Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love." — Mother Teresa
Some of us may feel shy about smiling broadly with our teeth showing in selfies, or worrying about how to fix the gap between our two front teeth. To achieve your desired Hollywood smile, dentists can employ various methods.
Cosmetic dentistry is a specialty of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance of teeth and gums.
Dentists can improve your smile by whitening your teeth or giving them a more natural look with porcelain veneers or porcelain crowns. They also repair chips and cracks in teeth using composite fillings or porcelain fillings. Cosmetic dentists can also help people replace missing teeth so they do not have to live with a crooked smile for the rest of their lives.
Types of cosmetic dentistry in Singapore
There are 4 primary types of cosmetic dentistry available in Singapore, each focusing on common issues patients encounter.
Dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth. Shaped like small screws and surgically inserted into the jawbone, they function like your natural tooth root to which an artificial tooth can be attached.
Dental implants do not require neighbouring teeth as scaffolding (unlike bridges); they are more secure and last longer than dentures. They also help to strengthen the jawbone.
Dental implants can be made of titanium, or zirconia, which is a type of ceramic. So which is more suitable?
Cosmetic dentistry to fix crooked teeth
For those desiring attractive, symmetrical teeth, designing a beautiful smile line is not as difficult as you may think!
- Invisalign is a brand of clear aligners which can straighten crooked teeth; it is a sought-after alternative to the metal braces. As they can be easily removed - to make eating, drinking or cleaning more convenient - most patients opt for this hassle-free system!
- Smile Direct Club offers a similar treatment to Invisalign. But with this, patients can forgo regular visits to the dental clinic since the entire procedure can be conducted from the privacy of their homes.
- More severe cases of teeth misalignment or crowding may require braces, but unlike traditional versions, the new generation of Damon braces is equipped with specially-designed brackets which hold onto the wire without the need of elastic ties.
Cosmetic dentistry veneers to conceal imperfect teeth
If fixing crooked teeth isn’t a viable option, cosmetic dentistry can bypass this issue and conceal imperfect teeth with a “smile makeover” using veneers.
- Composite veneer teeth bonding is more aesthetically-pleasing and affordable than its porcelain counterpart, but both are ideal for patients who wish to remodel the alignment, colour and shape of the teeth.
The procedure requires no anaesthesia. If performed correctly, results can last for years and even a lifetime.
Cosmetic dentistry teeth whitening
Discolouration of teeth can happen for a variety of reasons, such as smoking, coffee consumption, and tooth decay. Thankfully, cosmetic dentistry has developed more effective ways to whiten discoloured teeth.
- Professional teeth whitening procedures use a whitening gel to lighten the colour of the teeth, usually medically-approved for safety.
- Self-service teeth whitening kits are a popular alternative to chairside teeth whitening procedures, as they are easily bought online. These contain a lower concentration than that performed at a dental clinic.
It is also recommended to perform your own research and consult your dentist before using such products!
Cosmetic dentistry dental implants to replace missing teeth
Remember when we lost our first tooth in kindergarten? The loss of teeth is not only common but also perfectly normal among adults. Most of us will have to face this issue at some point during our lives.
- Dental implants are designed to resemble natural teeth as closely as possible, effectively replacing them.
- All-on-4 Implants can replace a full set of teeth in as little as one day! Nuffield’s All-on-4 Implants has among the highest success rate in replacing missing teeth and it is the most cost-efficient.
- Dental bridges rely on the support of neighbouring teeth to hold the replacement in place, as well as with the help of a retainer. This can take the form of either a crown or a wing.
- Dentures consist of durable plastic teeth mounted on an acrylic base, made to comfortably sit in the mouth, effectively filling the gaps caused by missing teeth.
- Crowns can rebuild and protect the appearance and functionality of troublesome teeth, helping to fix a wide range of common issues caused by the wear, decay and chipping of the teeth!
Fillings are made of reconstructive filling material to help prevent further damage by tooth decay.
Cosmetic dentistry to change the shape of your gums
Gum contouring is a minimally invasive dental procedure that can sculpt the gums, removing excess tissue where necessary. The procedure is most common with individuals who show a lot of gum when smiling, but it can also be used to restore cases of receding gum tissue.
Which cosmetic dentistry is suitable for you?
Cosmetic dentistry can help to fix a wide range of dental issues, allowing anyone to get that perfect Hollywood smile. If you are not satisfied with your smile, simply schedule a consultation with us to find out how you can enhance your smile!
How much does cosmetic dentistry cost in Singapore?
The cost of cosmetic dentistry procedures vary significantly based on type of procedure and complexity of the patient’s dental situation. Here are ballpark costs for cosmetic dentistry procedures in Singapore:
- Invisalign: From $5,000
- Nuffield clear aligners From $2,500
- Damon braces: From $3,000 per single arch
- Veneers: From $250 per tooth
- Teeth whitening: From $500 to $1,500 per session
- Take-home teeth whitening kits: Up to $60
- Gum contouring: $500 to $2,500
- Dentures: From $1,250 per tooth
- All-on-4 Implants: $12,000 to $36,000 per single arch
- Dental bridges: $950 to $1,500
- Dentures: $450 to $650
- Crowns: $1500 to $2,500
- Fillings: $50 to $300
Why choose Nuffield Dental for cosmetic dentistry?
As a one-stop multi-disciplinary dental care group, Nuffield Dental’s motto is to put you first, providing personalised services based on needs and preferences.
Are there subsidies for cosmetic dentistry?
Some dental procedures are Medisave-claimable, for example, you can claim up to a limit of $1,250 for a dental implant procedure. The CHAS programme also allows Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents (PRs) to claim a percentage of selected dental procedures, such as fillings. For elective dental procedures such as dental veneers, however, these may not be Medisave-claimable.
At Nuffield Dental, we collaborate with certain dental insurers through direct billing services. Some financial facilities may be granted to students and army personnel, though patients are strongly recommended to check with the respective departments.
Consult our Nuffield Dental dentists to learn more about cosmetic dentistry today!
Gotter, A. (2021). Dental Veneers: Benefits, procedure, costs, and results. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/dental-veneers#types
Fletcher, J. (2020). Dental Veneers: Cost, procedure, and results. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/dental-veneers
Nazario, B. (2021). Cosmetic Dentistry To Improve Your Smile. WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/cosmetic-dentistry
Taruna, M. (2014). Prosthodontic perspective to all- on-4 ® concept for dental implants. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. https://doi.org/10.7860/jcdr/2014/9648.5020